Proofreading – R0.15 per word
For a final glance over for spelling and grammatical errors that might have slipped in, proofreading is the last line of defense against errors such as spelling mistakes, typos, punctuation problems, capitalization errors and clumsy grammar.
• Eliminating all spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors in the manuscript;
• Ensuring correct and consistent language;
• Making sure the manuscript is clear and comprehensible;
• Making sure the language is concise and tight;
• Ensuring that the text flows well, and is sensibly structured;
• Making sure that the quality of the writing is even and that the tone is appropriate and consistent;
• Eliminating inappropriate figures of speech;
• Flagging any ethical or legal problems, and any incorrect facts;
Light Editing – R0.20 per word
Light copy-editing is for manuscripts that are well-written and only needs minor adjustments to correct faulty text
Medium Editing – R0.25 per word
Medium copy-editing is for manuscripts that needs a little more help and deeper level of editing.